Ice Cream Float + Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout BeerJul 14, 2017 Comments (1)
You should really stop whatever you are doing and make yourself a beer float. There’s really nothing better and you’ve probably earned it. We love making them with our Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout, a beer that is already roasty, chocolatey and nearly a dessert on its own. Adding ice cream to it just takes it up a notch and makes it an unbeatable treat that is pretty simple to put together.
Here are the basics to making a great Vanilla Oatis Float:
- Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout (obvi)
- The best vanilla ice cream you can find. (We love Red Wagon here locally)
- Chocolate Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Stream chocolate and caramel sauce into the glass to give you lots of pretty criss-crossing drizzles down the sides.
- Fill glass about halfway with stout. Don’t put too much beer in otherwise it will overflow and make a huge huge mess (trust us).
- Add one large scoop of ice cream. Place it gently on top of the beer so as not to disturb it too much.
- Add more chocolate and caramel sauce on top.
- Grab a straw and a spoon.
About the Author
Ben Prescott knows all things food, beer and wine. As Ninkasi’s Assistant Tasting Room Manager and a Certified Cicerone®, Ben’s knowledge extends far beyond beer styles. Want to learn more? Keep an eye out for his Beer 101 classes hosted monthly at the brewery!