Ninkasi Brewing Company Hop Cooler Joins Flagship SeriesJul 21, 2016 Comments (0)
Hop Cooler Citrus IPA Available Year-Round Starting Late August
EUGENE, Ore.—July 21, 2016—Ninkasi Brewing Company announces Hop Cooler Citrus IPA to join its year-round Flagship Series. Starting August 22, Hop Cooler will be available in 12oz. 6-packs, 22oz. bottles, and on-draft across the brewery’s distribution territory.
Hop Cooler made its debut this past January as part of Ninkasi’s Special Release Series. “We worked hard on this recipe to craft a super juicy beer,” explains Jamie Floyd, Ninkasi founding brewer and co-founder. “Combining four powerhouse hops and real orange and tangerine peel, we were able to achieve an IPA that perfectly accomplishes what we set out to do; like many of our fans, I can’t stop ordering it.”
Brewed with sweet orange and tangerine peel, Hop Cooler is a flavorful balance of juicy citrus and an assertive hop bitterness. “This one’s gorgeous in terms of execution,” says John Holl, All About Beer editor. “The core hop bitterness steers things, but quickly opens up into expansive layers of grassy, dense citrus: Orange peel, pulpy grapefruit, sweet lemon.”
To promote the release of Hop Cooler to a year-round offering, Ninkasi introduces an exclusive Hop Cooler tap handle featured wherever the beer will be poured on-draft.
Hop Cooler joins Ninkasi’s Flagship Series as its eighth year-round beer. “The Flagship Series offers a full spectrum of beers for all beer drinkers to enjoy,” says Floyd. Included in the Flagship Series lineup are Total Domination IPA, Easy Way IPA, Dawn of the Red IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA, Oatis Oatmeal Stout, Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout, and Helles Belles Lager.
Hop Cooler Stats
Bright and tropical, this India Pale Ale brilliantly layers a citrusy blend of orange and tangerine with a robust hop profile. Crafted with real citrus and packed with as much flavor as a hop cooler, you won’t be able to stop at just one sip of this fresh and fruity beer.
- Style: Citrus IPA
- Series: Flagship Series
- Available: Year-round starting late August 2016
- ABV: 7.2%
- IBU: 74
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Vienna, Acidulated, Honey
- Hops: Equinox, Simcoe, Amarillo, Citra
- Packaging: 12oz. 6-Pack, 22oz. Bottles, Draft
- Distribution: Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; D.C.; Colorado; Idaho; Maryland; Nevada; New York; Oregon; Texas; Utah; Washington; Vancouver, British Columbia
- Tasting Notes: Boasting serious citrus juiciness, tangerine, orange and grapefruit solidly shine alongside the hop profile. A big, citrus aroma is followed by a hop bitterness up-front and a crisp, malt background. This beer finishes slightly bitter in part from the use of real fruit peel.
- Food Pairings Citrus Salads, Ceviche, Fish Tacos, Poultry, Pork, Beef, Burgers, Spicy Foods
JOIN THE PRE-RELEASE PARTY, SAT. JULY 23!
Snag a taste of Hop Cooler Citrus IPA before it hits the market at the Pre-Release Party, July 23 from 12-10pm at the Ninkasi Tasting Room (272 Van Buren St., Eugene, OR). Live music starts at 6pm.