Ninkasi Brewing Company Unveils New Sleigh'r PackagingAug 24, 2016 Comments (4)
Sleigh'r Winter Ale Returns in 12 & 22-Ounce Botlles & Draft Sept. 2016
EUGENE, Ore.—Aug. 24, 2016—Ninkasi Brewing Company, an independent craft brewery based in Eugene, Oregon, unveils a brand-new look for its popular winter seasonal, Sleigh’r. Brewed with Alt yeast and paired with a smooth, rich profile, Sleigh’r returns to the shelf this September. New branding will roll out across the brewery’s distribution territory on all Sleigh’r packaging including 12 and 22-ounce bottles.
First joining Ninkasi’s seasonal lineup in 2009, this Winter Ale quickly garnered a cult-like following. “Sleigh’r has always been one of my favorite beers,” says Jamie Floyd, Ninkasi founding brewer and co-founder. “I love the way the Alt yeast interplays with the dark malts, giving way to a smooth, rich taste.” Derived from the German Altbier style, this Winter Ale is fermented at colder temperatures, giving it a crisp, lager-like profile. Complemented by the use of rich, dark malts, this beer is deceptively easy to drink.
“Following suit of our other rebrands announced this year, we’re excited to give Sleigh’r an updated look,” says Floyd. Inspired by a day shredding the mountain, the artwork features a sled scorching through the snow with the shadow of a rider throwing up the heavy metal hand. “As a snowboarder, the story this art tells brings me back to the mountain; it embodies the adventurous and imaginative side of the colder months.”
Seize the season with Sleigh'r. Layers of deeply toasted malt are balanced by just enough hop bitterness to make it deceivingly drinkable. Paired with a dry finish, Sleigh’r is anything but your typical winter brew.
- Style: Winter Ale
- Series: Seasonal Release Series
- Available: Sept. – Dec.
- ABV: 7.2%
- IBU: 60
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Crystal, Munich, Carahell, Roasted Barley, Chocolate
- Hops: Nugget
- Packaging: 12 & 22oz. bottles, On-draft
- Distribution: Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; D.C.; Colorado; Idaho; Maryland; Nevada; New York; Oregon; Texas; Utah; Washington; Vancouver, British Columbia
- Tasting Notes: An Alt ferments with Ale yeast at colder lagering temperatures. This effect gives Alts a more refined, crisp lager-like flavor than traditional ales. This beer has been “Ninkasified,” raising the ABV and IBUs. Sleigh'r has a deep, toasted malt flavor that finishes dry and balanced.
- Food Pairings: Beef, Lamb, Duck, Steamed Shellfish, Strong Cheeses, Chocolate Torte
An Alt ferments with Ale yeast at colder lagering temperatures. This effect gives Alts a more refined, crisp lager-like flavor than traditional ales. The doüble alt means that it has been “Ninkasified” raising the ABV and IBUs. Sleigh'r has a deep, toasted malt flavor that finishes dry and balanced.