Experience the Northwest with Pacific Rain—A Northwest Pale Ale by Ninkasi Brewing CompanyJan 31, 2017 Comments (9)
Pacific Rain Joins Ninkasi’s Year-Round Flagship Series, Feb. 2017
EUGENE, Ore.—Jan. 31, 2017—Based in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, Ninkasi Brewing Company knows quality craft beer is a product of quality ingredients. That’s why the brewery decided to craft a beer celebrating the Pacific Northwest. Pacific Rain, a Northwest Pale Ale brewed with lava-filtered water from the McKenzie River and a band of four flavorful hops, joins Ninkasi’s year-round Flagship Series this February.
Available in 12-ounce 6-packs and draft, Pacific Rain is a flavorful Northwest Pale Ale whose foundation is built on quality water. Brewed with water from Oregon’s McKenzie River, the water undergoes natural filtration through lava rock before reaching the brewery, making for the perfect brewing ingredient. Paired with four distinguished hops—Citra, Simcoe, Mosaic, and Nugget—this Northwest Pale Ale captures the Pacific Northwest’s love of hops while remaining crisp and easy to sip.
“The sweetness of the malt lifts the hop flavor and aroma without intensifying the bitterness, bringing about juicy citrus, tropical and slightly dank tones,” says Jamie Floyd, Ninkasi co-founder and founding brewer. “We’re super happy to release a full-flavored Pale Ale true to Ninkasi.”
The Pacific Rain label is a different look for Ninkasi’s Flagship Series beers, featuring a simple color palette and clean design. “It was clear this beer required a new approach to focus on the quality of ingredients used,” says Nick Yarger, Ninkasi’s in-house art director. “The label features a subtle Pacific Northwest landscape that matches the experience of the beer, inspiring a deeper understanding of the process and intention put into the liquid itself.”
Pacific Rain Stats
Fiercely flavorful and refreshingly drinkable, Pacific Rain is your call to experience the Pacific Northwest. Crafted with water from Oregon’s McKenzie River and a band of four distinguished hops, this Northwest Pale is citrusy, crisp and tailor-made for easy drinking.
- Style: Northwest Pale Ale
- Series: Flagship Series
- Available: Year-Round Starting February 2017
- ABV: 5.4%
- IBU: 50
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Munich, Oats
- Hops: Citra, Simcoe, Mosaic, Nugget
- Packaging: 12oz. 6-Pack, Draft
- Tasting Notes: This flavorful Northwest Pale Ale starts with a balanced, malty sweetness that lays the groundwork for profiling some of the most alluring hops around. Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe and Nugget hop varieties offer a captivating experience with flavor and aroma notes that are citrusy, tropical, floral, and piney. The residual sweetness rounds out the hop flavor making each sip as smooth and refreshing as the last.
- Food Pairings: Grilled Meats and Vegetables, Seafood, Citrusy Salads, Spicy Foods, Shortbread Cookies, Citrus Tarts, Bread Pudding
- Distribution: Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; D.C.; Colorado; Idaho; Maryland; Nevada; New York; Oregon; Texas; Utah; Washington; and Vancouver, British Columbia