Close Menu

Jan 31, 2017 Comments (9)  | Tags: Press Release Experience the Northwest with Pacific Rain—A Northwest Pale Ale by Ninkasi Brewing Company

Pacific Rain Joins Ninkasi’s Year-Round Flagship Series, Feb. 2017

EUGENE, Ore.—Jan. 31, 2017—Based in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, Ninkasi Brewing Company knows quality craft beer is a product of quality ingredients. That’s why the brewery decided to craft a beer celebrating the Pacific Northwest. Pacific Rain, a Northwest Pale Ale brewed with lava-filtered water from the McKenzie River and a band of four flavorful hops, joins Ninkasi’s year-round Flagship Series this February.

Available in 12-ounce 6-packs and draft, Pacific Rain is a flavorful Northwest Pale Ale whose foundation is built on quality water. Brewed with water from Oregon’s McKenzie River, the water undergoes natural filtration through lava rock before reaching the brewery, making for the perfect brewing ingredient. Paired with four distinguished hops—Citra, Simcoe, Mosaic, and Nugget—this Northwest Pale Ale captures the Pacific Northwest’s love of hops while remaining crisp and easy to sip.

“The sweetness of the malt lifts the hop flavor and aroma without intensifying the bitterness, bringing about juicy citrus, tropical and slightly dank tones,” says Jamie Floyd, Ninkasi co-founder and founding brewer. “We’re super happy to release a full-flavored Pale Ale true to Ninkasi.”

The Pacific Rain label is a different look for Ninkasi’s Flagship Series beers, featuring a simple color palette and clean design. “It was clear this beer required a new approach to focus on the quality of ingredients used,” says Nick Yarger, Ninkasi’s in-house art director. “The label features a subtle Pacific Northwest landscape that matches the experience of the beer, inspiring a deeper understanding of the process and intention put into the liquid itself.”

Pacific Rain Stats
Fiercely flavorful and refreshingly drinkable, Pacific Rain is your call to experience the Pacific Northwest. Crafted with water from Oregon’s McKenzie River and a band of four distinguished hops, this Northwest Pale is citrusy, crisp and tailor-made for easy drinking.

• Style: Northwest Pale Ale
  • Series: Flagship Series
  • Available: Year-Round Starting February 2017
  • ABV: 5.4%
  • IBU: 50
  • Malt: 2-Row Pale, Munich, Oats
  • Hops: Citra, Simcoe, Mosaic, Nugget
  • Packaging: 12oz. 6-Pack, Draft
  • Tasting Notes: This flavorful Northwest Pale Ale starts with a balanced, malty sweetness that lays the groundwork for profiling some of the most alluring hops around. Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe and Nugget hop varieties offer a captivating experience with flavor and aroma notes that are citrusy, tropical, floral, and piney. The residual sweetness rounds out the hop flavor making each sip as smooth and refreshing as the last.
  • Food Pairings: Grilled Meats and Vegetables, Seafood, Citrusy Salads, Spicy Foods, Shortbread Cookies, Citrus Tarts, Bread Pudding
  • Distribution: Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; D.C.; Colorado; Idaho; Maryland; Nevada; New York; Oregon; Texas; Utah; Washington; and Vancouver, British Columbia

Comments (9)

1. Tage:
    Mar 05, 2017 at 12:44 AM

This is the best pale ale I have ever drank.

2. Rikki:
    Jun 24, 2017 at 10:13 PM

Should there be floating particulates in the bottom of the bottle? I thought since this appeared to be a filtered pale that there wouldn't be. I've had this beer before and loved it but can't remember if they were present in the last one or not.

3. Tyler Lee:
    Jun 25, 2017 at 11:39 AM

The more of Ninkasi's beers I taste, the more I realize how much they are killing it. I tried Pacific Rain at a craft beer fest last weekend and it's my new go-to. Smooth, refreshing, and delicious.

4. Ninkasi Brewing:
    Jun 30, 2017 at 09:51 AM

Hi Rikki -

What you are seeing is called Chill Haze. This is an industry-wide issue that you can read more about on our blog, here: http://www.ninkasibrewing.com/news/blogs/ninkasi-blog/2017/03/06/ninkasi-director-of-brewing-development-talks-chill-haze/?ageVerified=defaultValue.

In short, Chill Haze is due to the amount of proteins in the beer and is something our teams are actively working to remedy. It’s 100% safe to consume.

I'd love to hear more about your experience though and offer you a refund. Please feel free to email me directly at ali.aasum[at]ninkasibrewing.com.

Cheers!

5. Fran Morrison:
    Aug 04, 2017 at 08:18 AM

A friend took me to Yumm in Eugene on my recent visit and luckily I tried Pacific Rain with my meal. Loved the grapefruit (to my) taste. Is it available at any retailer in Orange County CA?
    Thanks

6. Doug:
    Aug 26, 2017 at 03:23 PM

I live in Seattle and love this beer but now I can't find it anywhere and it's upsetting.

7. Ninkasi Brewing:
    Sep 07, 2017 at 03:31 PM

Hi Doug! We'd be upset too! Use our Delicious Beer Finder to track some down near you: http://www.ninkasibrewing.com/delicious/beer-finder.html. Cheers!

8. Ninkasi Brewing:
    Sep 07, 2017 at 03:32 PM

Hi Fran! Check out our Delicious Beer Finder to see where this beer is available in your area. Cheers! http://www.ninkasibrewing.com/delicious/beer-finder.html

9. Al C:
    Sep 11, 2017 at 04:20 AM

Came here to find out about the floating stuff in my sixer, really stoked to find a satisfying answer provided by the company no less.

This leaves a pleasant taste in my mouth, literally and figuratively.