Ninkasi Brewing Unveils New Look for Maiden the Shade® Summer IPAApr 18, 2017 Comments (0)
Maiden the Shade Returns to Ninkasi's Seasonal Release Series, May 1, 2017
EUGENE, Ore.—April 18, 2017—Ninkasi Brewing Company unveils a new look for its summer seasonal, Maiden the Shade Summer IPA. First brewed in 2009, this IPA boasts an impressively balanced hop profile of eight select varieties paired with a smooth drinkability. Available in 12oz. 6-packs, 22oz. bottles and on-draft, Maiden the Shade returns May through September.
Crafted to celebrate summer and inspired by the annual Oregon Country Fair, a three-day gathering held on 280 acres west of Eugene with music, food and culture, Maiden the Shade quickly became a favorite way to revel in the season. Deemed a Summer IPA, the beer captures a complex hop profile—bold, dank and bursting with floral notes—and an exceptional drinkability. The updated look of this beer follows the evolution of Ninkasi’s branding, displaying a more hand-illustrated design created by its in-house team of artists.
“This beer is rooted in summer festivals and celebrations, so we wanted its packaging to highlight the palette of the season,” says Nick Yarger, Ninkasi’s in-house art director. “So much of what we do is inspired by our hippie roots with a dash of rock ’n’ roll; this new art draws from the style of American Traditional tattoos, bringing into detail the beauty of the summer maiden.”
“Brewed with eight hop varieties, this Summer IPA has a multi-layer hop complexity that is bold, floral and flavorful,” explains Ninkasi founding brewer and co-founder, Jamie Floyd. “Paired with flaked barley, this beer has a smooth drinkability, perfect for pairing with outdoor festivals or any outside gathering.”
Maiden the Shade Summer IPA can be found on the shelf and on-draft starting May 1, 2017. To track some down, visit the Ninkasi Beer Finder.
Maiden the Shade Stats
Bold and drinkable, this Summer IPA captures an impressively balanced hop complexity. An adventurous hop bouquet of eight select varieties is complemented by the use of flaked barley to create a beer that is as robust as it is easy to sip. Kick back and enjoy!
- Style: Summer IPA
- Series: Seasonal Release Series
- Available: May – September
- ABV: 6.8%
- IBU: 72
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Vienna, Flaked Barley
- Hops: Summit, Centennial, Simcoe, Columbus, Crystal, Palisade, Amarillo, Magnum
- Packaging: 12oz. 6-Pack, 22oz. Bottles, Draft
- Tasting Notes: This beer has been dubbed a summer IPA. Powerful combinations of many different kinds of hops give it a big hop profile. We added flaked barley to the beer to make for a smooth body and a lighter summer-style IPA. Another Ninkasi cult favorite!
- Food Pairings: BBQ, Fresh Vegetables, Fish Tacos, Savory French Toast
- Distribution: Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; D.C.; Colorado; Idaho; Maryland; Nevada; New York; Oregon; Texas; Utah; Washington; and Vancouver, British Columbia