Ninkasi Brewing Company and Maletis Beverage Launch Funds for FirefightersAug 31, 2017 Comments (0)
During the Month of September, $5.00 of Every Ninkasi Keg Sold in Portland, Salem, and Vancouver will be Donated to Portland Firefighters Association Local 43, Salem Professional Firefighters IAFF Local 314, and Vancouver Firefighters IAFF Local 452
EUGENE, Ore.—Aug. 31, 2017—Ninkasi Brewing Company teams up with Oregon wholesale partner Maletis Beverage to offer a month-long give-back program in support of Portland Firefighters Association Local 43, Salem Professional Firefighters IAFF Local 314, and Vancouver Firefighters IAFF Local 452 called Funds for Firefighters. For every Ninkasi keg sold in Portland, Salem, and Vancouver during the month of September, five dollars will be donated to support the work of Local 43, Local 314 and Local 452.
“It brings me joy be a part of this program for the third year,” says Ryan Brentley, Portland market manager for Ninkasi. “Funds for Firefighters brings together community and is an easy way to give back to all the courageous men and women of our local firehouses.”
“Backing Funds for Firefighters offers us the opportunity to do two things at once: thank the brave and selfless firefighters of Portland, Salem and Vancouver and proudly deliver Ninkasi Brewing’s premier beers to our local retailers,” explains Robin Hawley, Maletis Beverage marketing director.
Established in 2014, the Funds for Firefighters program has raised almost $18,000 to benefit Local 43, Local 314, and Local 452. Donated funds directly supported each organization and programming like Tools for Schools, Operation Warm, and Toys for Tots among others.
"Every penny raised goes right into buying as many coats for kids as possible," said Alan Ferschweiler, president Portland Firefighters Association Local 43. "It’s because of local businesses like Ninkasi and Maletis, who step up and team up with us we're able to help so many more children in our community. It's a great feeling to know a child will be warm and safe for the winter because our team of donors, volunteers and firefighters worked together to make it happen."
"Vancouver Firefighters are excited again to team up with Ninkasi Brewing and raise funds for the Vancouver Firefighters Community Assistance Fund,” explains Dave Sturbelle, treasurer for Vancouver Firefighters Local 452. “Funds raised will go directly to community members in immediate financial need impacted by recent tragedies, local charities such as Meals on Wheel, Red Cross, Bike helmets for Kids, and Operation Warm.”
To take part in the program, beer drinkers are encouraged to order Ninkasi on-tap during the month of September throughout Portland, Salem, and Vancouver. Locations that serve Ninkasi in these areas can be found by visiting: http://www.ninkasibrewing.com/delicious/beer-finder.html
Check out these events to participate in Funds for Firefighters!
- Friday, 9/1 (Vancouver): Shanahan’s FFF Kick-Off Party. 5-8pm. http://www.shanahanspubvancouver.com/
- Friday, 9/1 (SE Portland): Sellwood Public House FFF Kick-Off Party w/Portland Local 43. 5-8pm. http://www.sellwoodpublichouse.com/index.html
- Wednesday, 9/6 (SW Portland): PSU Pizza Schmizza FFF Kick-Off Party. 5-7pm. http://schmizza.com/
- Wednesday, 9/6 (SE Portland): Old Chicago SE 82nd Ave FFF Appreciation Party. 6-8pm. https://oldchicago.com/locations/portland
- Monday, 9/11 (SW Portland): Rock N Roll Chili Pit First Responder Appreciation Day. Any meal is complimentary to any First Responder all day! http://www.rockandrollchilipit.com/
- Wednesday 9/13 (Molalla): Whitehorse Saloon FFF Tap Take Over and Pints For A Cause to support Molalla RFPD Fire Station 82. 6-9pm.
- Friday, 9/15 (SW Portland): The Ship FFF Promo. 5-7pm. http://mvship.com/
- Sunday, 9/10 -Saturday, 9/16 (SE Portland): Roscoe’s FFF 5 Alarm Jambalaya Special. $2.00 donated per order donated.
- Friday, 9/15 (Portland): $1.00 per pint of Ninkasi donated. 5-8pm. http://www.roscoespdx.com/
- Tuesday, 9/19 (Ridgefield, Wa): Rose & Thorn (Ilani Casino) FFF Tap Takeover. 5-8pm. http://roseandthornilani.com/
- Tuesday, 9/19 (SE Portland): Belmont Station FFF Appreciation . 6-8pm. http://www.belmont-station.com/
- Wednesday, 9/20 (NE Portland): Join Altabira City Tavern & Ninkasi for a Beer Dinner! Social hour @ 5pm. Dinner @ 6pm. $50.00 per person and limited to only 25 seats. https://www.altabira.com/
- Thursday, 9/21 (SE Portland): Landmark Saloon FFF Tap Take Over 5-8pm http://landmarksaloon.com/
- Friday, 9/22 (Salem, Oregon:) Venti’s Café & Taphouse FFF Tap Take Over and Fire Pit Raffle http://ventiscafe.com/
- Sunday, 9/24 (SE Portland): Loyal Legion FFF Firefighter End of the Month Celebration. 1-4pm. http://loyallegionpdx.com/
- Thursday, 9/28 (Salem, Oregon): b2 Taphouse FFF Tap Take Over and Fire Pit Raffle. 6-9pm. http://www.b2taphouse.com/