Summer of Love Giveaway and Recipes
We’re celebrating the season by deeming it the Summer of Love. Wherever Maiden the Shade or Yours Truly is poured and enjoyed, we invite you to help us spread the summertime love. Enter below for your chance to win a Ninkasi fire pit and patio umbrella!
Not only are these beers delicious on their own, they inspire some delicious summertime recipes as well. From our backyards to yours, share these recipes with friends and cheers to all that summer has to offer. Click below for recipe details:
Total time: 3 hours. Active time: 30 minutes.
- 6 oz. Maiden the Shade Summer IPA
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper flakes
- 1 pineapple cut into 1” pieces
- Mix honey, mustard, garlic salt and pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours and up to overnight.
- After marinating, skewer pieces of chicken and pineapple to make 5-6 skewers.
- Brush skewers with oil and place on hot grill, turning frequently until meat is cooked through (about 10 minutes).
Total time: 2½ hours. Active time: 20 minutes.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon cut into 1” cubes
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 12oz. cans of Yours Truly Easy-Drinking Ale
- Place watermelon into bowl of blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour watermelon puree through a mesh strainer. Two cups of juice or so should remain.
- Mix watermelon juice, lime juice and one, 12oz. can of Yours Truly in an 8 x 11 glass pan.
- Place mixture in freezer. Every 30-40 minutes, use a fork to rake at the mixture as it freezes. After 1½-2 hours the mixture should be entirely frozen. Before serving, rake through once more and stir so the mixture is nice and fluffy.
- Spoon Granita into cocktail glasses and pour 2-3oz. of Yours Truly on top. Garnish with mint if desired. Serve with a spoon and a straw.
- 1 12oz. bottle Maiden the Shade Summer IPA
- 4 oz. peach juice or peach nectar
- 2 oz. orange liquor
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add peach juice and orange liquor. Shake.
- Strain liquid equally into two glasses with ice. Fill remainder of glasses with Maiden the Shade. Garnish with peach wedge and mint.
Total time: 30 minutes. Active time: 15 minutes.
- 1 12oz. can Yours Truly Easy-Drinking Ale
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 4 ripe peaches
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 4oz fresh mozzarella balls sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon
- In medium saucepan, combine 12oz. Yours Truly and 2 tablespoons of honey. Set on medium heat, allow mixture to boil and reduce until it becomes a thick syrup (about 25 minutes). There should be about ⅓ cup of liquid after reduction.
- While syrup is reducing, halve the peaches and brush lightly with olive oil. Place peaches cut side down on hot grill and sear for 2-3 minutes until char marks appear and peaches start to cook slightly.
- Remove peaches from grill and layer on a plate with the mozzarella slices and basil leaves. Squeeze one half lemon over the top. Pour beer reduction over the top and sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper.